Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Day 3 - Whipped Shortbread

This one is easy too. Calories do not count at Christmas right. My husband likes those nasty cherries that are green and red you see in the baking isle especially at Christmas, but for the kids who will just pick the off I just add sprinkles. If you love chocolate you can also drizzle or dip 1/2 with chocolate.

1lb of butter
1/2 cup of cornstarch
1 cup icing sugar
3 cups of flour
Whip all ingredient together - I use my kitchen aid. I use a small ice cream scoop which gives a nice shape and all are the same size but a tsp would work too.

Bake 350 for 8 - 10 min just till the bottom edges are brown.

Side note - the pan in the picture is my favorite. When my Grandma P died there was a few items that I was lucky to get passed on to me, a couple of her cookie sheets, cook books with her hand writing in and her angel food cake pan. Each time I bring them out I just feel like she is here along side me baking and it makes my heart smile.

Cheers
Coralee

No comments:

Post a Comment