Sunday, May 01, 2011

Day 35 - Derby

Facebook has made some unlikely connections. My first name and yes my married name are unique and many have found my on FB who actually knew my husband better than me. I have enjoyed getting to know each and everyone of them. I am fascinated by all the different things people do. I am especially curious about roller derby not because I  would every be tough enough to do it but I would love to go and watch the kick ass women of the derby.
Check out the girls in Red Deer   http://www.rdrda.ca/boutposter.html 

A simple post 1.5 years ago lead to coffee in Fort Lauderdale - more than 20 years after seeing each other. I had posted a count down to cruising which lead to an exchange of emails and phone numbers. The 2 of us realized we would be leaving on a cruise the same day. We all got in late and I had sent a txt about the location of our hotel in the morning to get a txt saying look out the window we are staying across the street. My husband and myself met for coffee with 2 girls he actually knew better than me, I really had gotten to know them over facebook. I wonder how often people you know are in the same location at the same time and we just dont know it?

Change in me: If you are in the same place at the same time take the time to have coffee. Girls ROCK on many levels.

No comments:

Post a Comment