Saturday, April 30, 2011

Day 32 - Chamber

Connections become very apparent when you look back.

8 years ago I started a journey co-leading the building of a custom playground with Leathers and Associates. The project itself was amazing and will forever be one of my favorite things.

During the start of the project we needed to organize committees and leaders to run the committees, this was going to be a big commitment for 8 months. Most of the groups had 2 leaders, the specific one I am talking about is the volunteer group ( resonsible for finding and organizing at least a 1000 volunteers over 5 days ).

Sisters in laws took on the job and from this I gained an amazing friend and neighbor. At the time Jackie was the head of the Chamber of Commerce and from her I learned a great deal. Today I am thankful for her introducing my to her SIL. Sue and I joke that Jackie got her involved and then got busy and let Sue do the job, I think that is the key to making connections is being the person who can find the right person for the job.

8 months + 1000 volunteers + 5 day build = an amazing city park play ground to be very proud of

Change in me: It is always good to have a neighbor you can borrow an egg from, getting involved with your local Chamber of Commerce is always a good idea, knowing the right person to get the job done and how to get them involved is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment