Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Day 29 - Part of the family

If you have every moved away from family you will understand how your friends can become your local family. Living in Wyoming was really a life changing experience for me. We arrived and I was 6 months pregnant with our daughter and a 3 year old, yes many thought we were crazy actually I think many of them still do.We did not know a soul and my husband was not going to actually work in town...how the heck was I going to do this.

I am not going to start from the beginning she will arrive later.

I honestly can not remember the first time I met Connie, she just always seemed to be there ( that is how she rolls ). We as a family actually had the pleasure of being friends with the entire family - invited to university graduation, first days of grand babies in the hospital, camp fires at the farm, Vegas and the craps table, at the bar with Dick, deep fried turkey, youngest 2 babysat our kids, benefit events at the community center, camping,  piano my kids learned to play on...oh the list can go on.

She is the center of the family, she is a loyal friend, she works hard plays hard, loves unconditionally, cares for many, philanthropic, and the best Grandma ever ( even my kids benefited), has amazing kids and lives a true love story.

Change in me: True love does exist, hard work does pay off, you can bet on a small white mouse create a ton of excitement and it can be a  great fundraiser and family does not always have to be blood.

No comments:

Post a Comment